In February 2020, Washington Women’s Foundation will be hosting one of the largest gatherings of women philanthropists in Seattle. The planning for this national conference is now in full swing! The conference provides an incredible opportunity for all who identify as women to come together to learn and share ideas to expand the impact of the collective giving movement now and in the years to come.
The conference is for Foundation members, our community partners, and organizations like ours that are members of Catalist, a network that gives a national voice to the high-impact collective giving movement through the power of its 66 — and growing! — independent affiliate organizations located in 28 states, the District of Columbia, and Australia. Washington Women’s Foundation is a member of Catalist and is the longest running organization within the network. Every 18 months, Catalist plans a conference in different cities across the country and in 2020, our Foundation will host in Seattle!
Save the Dates! February 23-25, 2020, at the Motif Hotel in downtown Seattle. You are all invited!
Catalist Conference 2020
Hosted by Washington Women’s Foundation
By hosting 300+ female philanthropists from around the country, Washington Women’s Foundation will:
- Elevate the role of philanthropy around the U.S. by convening cross-community conversations.
- Learn by stretching and challenging our roles as philanthropists, both as individuals and as collective giving organizations.
- Empower the WaWF’s own collective by connecting to the national movement.
- Visionary leadership to advance the movement
- Amplify our local community brand and awareness through dynamic speakers and thought leadership.
- Transforming Together 2020 and diversity-equity-inclusion (DEI) initiative discoveries will enhance the peer-to-peer learning of all Catalist member organizations.
- Execute a phenomenal conference experience!
In celebration of Washington Women’s Foundation’s 25th Anniversary, we will showcase the elements of our new strategic framework, Transforming Together 2020, including our new grant focus on increasing equity and reducing disparities in our state.
We are grateful to our awesome “Theme Team” — WaWF members Stephanie Ellis-Smith, Patti Meyers and Kit Bakke, along with staff Morgan Dawson and Beth McCaw — who guided us to PowerUp! The Spark That Ignites Change.
We will host more Catalist convening sessions in late spring. In the meantime, if you are interested in learning more and/or have ideas to share, please email us at the conference e-mail below. We would love to hear from you!
Stay tuned as we announce some speakers and other details soon!
Bo Lee and Laura Midgley
Co-Chairs, Catalist Conference 2020