What Our Members Do
Our members drive our grantmaking and learning through staff-supported committees focused on various aspects of our work. Your membership includes the opportunity to participate in, and even lead, our member committees. Here are some of our recurring committees:
- Collective Grants Committee
- Advocacy Grants Committee
- Women & Girls Grant Committee
- Convening Committee
- Member Events Committee
- Membership & Resource Development Committee
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on how committees work and what they do, or if you would like to see our current committee openings and calendars.
We see education as foundational for justice, and philanthropy as a way to put justice into action. As such, we understand both individual and collective learning as a part of our membership’s work. As a member of WaWF, you have access to all our education programs:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Learning: DEI programs center the lived experiences of communities that have been systemically oppressed and historically underinvested. Recent programs include Working in Tribal Communities 101, and workshops on Community Norms for Race & Gender, Responsive Funding, and Conversations About Race.
- General Philanthropy Learning: General Philanthropy Learning programs help build our individual and collective skillsets of being inquisitive and purposeful philanthropists. Recent programs include How to Build Your Giving Plan, Solidarity as an Action, and A Critical Look at DAFs.
- Priority Learning: Priority Learning programs take a deep dive into our annual grantmaking and learning priorities through conversations with experts in the field and discussions on films, events, and podcasts. Recent programs include 101 panels on Reproductive Justice & Maternal Health, Food Sovereignty & Security, and Early Childhood Education
Our other membership programs include foundation governance events like our Annual Meeting, member committee trainings, Grant Award Celebrations, partner events, and social connection events like our Member Jubilee. Click here for all upcoming events. Contact email@example.com with questions about programs and events.